For a long time this was my personal blog. But you know what I love writing about more than my personal life (except everything)? Business.

So this blog is now a place where I will put down the lessons and struggles of building a creative business from the ground up. Please chime in along the way.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Goal setting is a force to be reckoned with.

Before you start making your goals for 2012, make sure you head over to this blog and check out Becka's 10 awesome tips for setting goals. I used them in my list (although I'm breaking one by choosing to share it).

I am the type of person who naturally sets a lot of smaller goals for myself all the time. I am never complacent, I am always dreaming of what could be. Exactly one year ago, Charlie and I had just started dating, I had just started my job at the Starbucks retail store in Shelton and was only working about 4 hours a week, and I had unofficially called it quits with my photography business. I never dreamed that a year later I would be a supervisor at a corporate Starbucks store, going to school for a business degree and pursuing a successful photography business with Charlie.

I also think it's really important to challenge yourself by picking out some big things that you really want, but might be too afraid to jump after on a daily basis. I could probably spend the whole year without really needing to apply to a University, but deep down I think I would be a lot happier there.

Which brings me to my number one goal for the year...

To get accepted into a Universtiy (for fall or winter 2012)

Right now my cumulative GPA is not that great and I couldn't get accepted even if I tried. That being said, I have winter quarter (starts tomorrow, yikes!) and spring quarter to bring that number up significantly. School is my number one priority, and I'm determined this year to make it more so than ever, getting my grades up and applying to some schools in the spring.

I'm choosing not to share my other two big goals, because they are more personal. But I hope I inspired you to set some big goals for yourself as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment