For a long time this was my personal blog. But you know what I love writing about more than my personal life (except everything)? Business.

So this blog is now a place where I will put down the lessons and struggles of building a creative business from the ground up. Please chime in along the way.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Someone throw me a party.

Sometimes things change so fast that I don't even have a chance to write about it before it changes again. Now that I know where life is going I can finally sit down and digest it all.

The first week of July I quit my job at Starbucks. I'm not going to get into details here, but just know that nothing bad happened that forced me to quit or anything like that. Still love Starbucks, loved my family there and I miss them terribly. My plan was to move home to Shelton, continue going to South Puget Sound Community College this fall and apply to Central, Seattle U, and WSU Vancouver for winter quarter. After I quit my job, however, I decided to apply to Central on a whim. I figured I didn't have anything to lose, and if by some miracle I could get in a quarter early, that would be swell. The main reason being is that I have to pay my tuition at SPSCC, along with my bills and expenses to travel to and from Olympia everyday.

So I moved home, which has been... a ride. It's always a ride. Anyways, got to really focus my time on our business and accomplished a TON of things which feels so good. In less than two weeks I organized our expenses and incomes, re-did our pricing for 2013, designed and printed brochures for both portrait and wedding information, designed and ordered a sample album, planned a workshop for next Sunday, joined the PPA, designed custom DVD's and packaging for delivering photo's to our clients, booked two senior rep sessions, designed and ordered new business cards, re-designed our blog, booked two weddings (one in Maui), and got our editing and blog all caught up. THIS is what I want to do for the rest of my life :-D

On top of that I drove over to Ellensburg to take the ACT, something they needed for my admission process. A few nights later I was on their student website to see if my scores would be on there, and to my surprise my application status had changed from "In Progress" to "Admitted". I pretty much had a heart attack, mental freak out, and emotional breakdown (bawling on the floor) within about twenty minutes.

I really wasn't expecting to get in. I'm still shocked about it. I'm incredibly excited and nervous. Charlie is also moving to Seattle to start attending The Art Institute of Seattle this fall, so we are both going through transition right now.

Did I mentioned we booked a wedding in Maui? I didn't mean to minimize that part.

So, the last few weeks have been crazy. And awesome. And just generally, exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment