For a long time this was my personal blog. But you know what I love writing about more than my personal life (except everything)? Business.

So this blog is now a place where I will put down the lessons and struggles of building a creative business from the ground up. Please chime in along the way.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

my gift to you



Mars Hill is going through their "Generous" campaign this month. We all got a free (awesome) book called "Money, God or Gift" by Pastor Jamie Munson that has really been altering the way I think about my resources, whether that is time, talent or treasure. God has really been convicting me as I read this because while I'm a little short on the "treasure" end I am rich in time and (God given) talent.

So what I want to do is bless others with what God has blessed me with (time and talent) by offering my photography services for free to anyone who wants them (and by anyone I mean my friends and perhaps friends of friends who NEED them, obviously I can't photograph everyone).

I am also re-targeting my business to focus on families first, followed by children and couples. So if you are a family and would like to have some great family portraits done, please get in touch with me via e-mail, and feel free to notify families you know who you think would be blessed by having some portraits done as well. Couples and parents who would like to have their children s' portraits done are free to contact me as well.

www.onislandphotography.com

sara@onislandphotography.com
360-464-5191

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Matthew 6:19-21

1 comment: