For a long time this was my personal blog. But you know what I love writing about more than my personal life (except everything)? Business.

So this blog is now a place where I will put down the lessons and struggles of building a creative business from the ground up. Please chime in along the way.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Day of love

"But the great thing to remember is that, though our feelings come and go, His love for us does not. It is not wearied by our sins, or our indifference; and, therefore, it is quite relentless in its determination that we shall be cured of those sins, at whatever cost to us, at whatever cost to Him." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I literally could not feel any more loved or full of love this Valentine's Day than I do right now. This is due to first and foremost God's love for me, which (HALLELUJAH) will never change, go away, lessen or cease. It is all I need... I could stop right here and I would have enough. The relationships that I am forming with my family, my friends and my community, based around God's love, are so new and have a completely different meaning to me because of it. I am so grateful for each and every one of you.

In other news I am all registered for spring classes as of today, I'm thrilled to be going back to school! I also picked up a (very) part time babysitting job a couple of days a week, which is an answered prayer to increase my income a little bit. I'm so excited for this new chapter in my life, but unfortunately it means I need to temporarily set aside some other things, like my photography "business". I'm not going to renew my website hosting when it expires next month, and I'm not going to pursue any clients or market myself, for at least the rest of the year. At this time in my life I just don't have the resources to have a profitable business, and I'd rather just set it aside for now while I focus on school. I hope that in the future I will be able to start it back up again and have it be a more successful, substantial business that I can run with my full heart and mind. I'll still be photographing everything everywhere I go like I do now :) And I'm still more than happy to offer free portraits to anyone who asks.

1 comment: