For a long time this was my personal blog. But you know what I love writing about more than my personal life (except everything)? Business.

So this blog is now a place where I will put down the lessons and struggles of building a creative business from the ground up. Please chime in along the way.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I haven't blogged in six months, it seems silly to try and do it now, but I'm feeling reflective.

I got promoted at my job today, so now I am a supervisor at Starbucks. This is something that I have wanted since I was 16 and have been looking forward to and working hard for the past 6 months since I started at my store again.

So yes, this makes me a business owner (this is always a full time gig if you ask me), full time student and supervisor at Starbucks.

I'll admit it, I'm proud of myself. I have been working my butt off. Over the past few months I have considered quitting my job and abandoning our business (usually one to pursue the other, never both at the same time), but I have persisted and INSISTED on succeeding. Okay, it wasn't all me, I thank Charlie for MANNNNNNNNY pep talks and my dad giving me his angry face like "YOU HAVE A CAR PAYMENT NOW YOU THINK YOU CAN QUIT >:O

But to be honest all of these blessings don't really feel worth celebrated because I don't have the one thing I truly want, to be close with my Savior. I have been neglecting Jesus for.... EVER and I am in despair over it.

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya.
    I'm proud of you.
    I never want to see your dad's angry face.
    Also, I love you.

    ReplyDelete